From the 01.01.2020 you are obligated to install a smoke detector in every property that contains more than one unit.
Who is concerned?
- Every property with more than one unit
- Every new construction must have those smoke detectors installed
- Every existing property must install them until 2023
Who is in charge to install them?
- The owner
- If you own multiple properties, you have to install in each one those detectors
- Your syndic in the common areas
Where to install them?
- In the bedrooms
- Living- and dining area
- Staircase and corridors
- Not considered to install them in the kitchen, bathrooms and close to a lamp or ventilation system
Where to fix/place them?
- On the ceiling
More informations under: